(Updated Wednesday 18th August 2021)
We are actively monitoring the COVID-19 situation in New Zealand and will keep you updated here of any changes to our services in response to COVID-19.
Are we open?
Yes. We are pleased to say that based on guidance received from MBIE, as a registered food and beverage distribution business, under the Food Act, we are considered an essential supplier. We continue to supply essential products to our wholesale and retail customers during Alert Level 4.
Ordering and delivery
To protect the health of customers and staff during this time we are not accepting in-person orders. Our offices are closed to the public and customers are unable to access our site for collections. All orders must be placed by our website and must be delivered by courier.
CourierPost delivery process
Our delivery partner CourierPost have implemented temporary changes to their delivery processes to limit close physical contact.
When delivering, CourierPost couriers will knock on the door as usual and step back two metres (or as far back as safe). They will wait for someone to come to the door and greet them as usual. If no one comes to the door, the courier will follow the standard process, which is to leave the item in a safe place or leave a card to call and return to the depot if there is no safe place for them to leave. See New Zealand Post’s announcement for full details.
Is it safe to receive packages?
Yes. The World Health Organisation has advised that the likelihood of an infected person contaminating commercial goods is low and the risk of catching the virus that causes COVID-19 from a package that has been moved, travelled, and exposed to different conditions and temperature is also low. You can always sanitise deliveries and of course wash your hands regularly.
Supply chain activities
Our global teams are working tirelessly to ensure our supply chains locally and internationally are secure and supported. All operators are approved essential service providers and have implemented approved and appropriate safety and hygiene practises to ensure that we all stay safe.
Rest assured, we continue to do everything in our power to maintain a regular supply of healthy, low allergen products for you.
How are we protecting you and our teams?
- We are following New Zealand Ministry of Health guidance and providing regular updates to our teams.
- All of our office staff are working remotely from their homes.
- Each day, two (very busy!) warehouse staff attend our facility. These staff work with strict social distancing rules in place.
- Our doors are locked at all times to eliminate the risk of contact with members of the public or customers while staff are onsite.
- We have provided staff with a petrol allowance to ensure that they are commuting to work in their private vehicles alone.
- All delivery and dispatch is completely contactless with appropriate social distancing arrangements implemented.
- Staff have been supplied with, and wear appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) at all times when picking and packing products, and during goods in/out activities.
- We have implemented thorough hygiene practises throughout the business, including:
- Regular hand washing and sanitisation
- Cleaning and sanitisation of surfaces and tools before and after contact with staff or products
- Sanitisation of product outers
Where can I get my products?
Please stay safe, stay home and be kind to each other.
Ngā mihi maioha
Vital Health Team